Accessibility statement for www.duntongreenpc.org.uk
This accessibility statement applies to www.duntongreenpc.org.uk
This website is run by Dunton Green Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. This covers such things as making your screen images and text larger, using a text reader to convert text to sound, using voice recognition to control your computer, increasing mouse pointer signs etc.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the signed Annual Governance and Accountability Audit and Governance Returns are PDF documents that are not fully accessible to screen reader software. An accessible version without signatures is available on request.
- The banner photograph at the top of each page does not appear well in high contrast
- There are some missing form labels on the contact page. If this is not repaired in the September 2020 update provided by the Website designer, the standard contact page will be replaced.
- Many older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. Please contact us if you require a specific document to be transposed into a more accessible format.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible word document or PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 01732 462966 and leave a message if there is no answer
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact: Tracy Godden, Clerk to the Parish Council by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01732 462966
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We can provide communication by email for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Contact Tracy Godden by email on email@example.com.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Dunton Green Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- It is not possible to navigate the website purely by keyboard.
- There is only one way to find content as there is no search engine
- ARIA + (see below for definition) markup has not been used
- Where extra content is shown or hidden on focus, it cannot be dismissed, interacted with (and not disappear when the user moves to it) and does not stay visible until dismissed by the user.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we have not fixed the Annual Governance and Accountability Returns finalised before 23 September 2018.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards and where they cannot due to being signed, an accessible version without signatures will be made available on request.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st September 2020. It was last reviewed on that date.
This website was last tested on 21st September 2020. The testing was carried out by Tracy Godden, Clerk to Dunton Green Parish Council.
We chose the top 10 pages visited (using Google Analytics) and used these pages to test our website.